Sunday 26 August 2012

STRATEGIC EXPANSION – IRON ORE JOINT VENTURE IN CHINA



London Mining is pleased to announce that, further to its press release made on 22 August 2008, it has now entered into a conditional subscription agreement with Wits Basin Precious Minerals Inc ("Wits Basin") to become a joint venture partner for its iron ore projects in the People’s Republic of China ("PRC"). Under the subscription agreement it has agreed to subscribe USD 39.25 million for 50% of the shares in the joint  venture company, China Global Mining Resources (BVI) Limited ("CGMR BVI"). It has also agreed to make a loan of USD 5.75 million to Wits Basin. The subscription and loan will be funded from London Mining's existing cash resources.

CGMR BVI has entered into certain escrow arrangements in the PRC in respect of the acquisition of two Chinese companies: Xiaonanshan Mining Co limited ("XNS") and Nanjing Sudan Mining Co limited ("Sudan"). The two companies operate iron ore mining and processing operations near Maanshan in the Anhui and Jiangsu Provinces in the PRC. It is a condition of completion of the acquisitions that CGMR will also be granted the right to acquire a further iron ore mining company, Maanshan Zhaoyuan Mining Co Ltd ("Matang"), which is owned by the sellers of XNS and Sudan. Cost reduction and expansion of the existing operations (targeting a run rate of 1.2mtpa production capacity during 2011), combined with a more focused marketing strategy are expected to ensure operating margins remain strong despite the near term outlook for lower commodity prices. The close proximity to local steel mills of the mines enables premium pricing due to the low transportation costs.
The completion of the subscription agreement with Wits Basin and the acquisition of XNS and Sudan are subject to certain closing conditions, including the receipt of business licence and permits relating to the transfer and the operation of the mining properties. It is anticipated that the acquisition of XNS and Sudan will complete by the end of the first quarter of this year.

Christopher Brown, Managing Director of London Mining said "This joint venture with Wits Basin is of great strategic importance to us and it should help to regenerate interest in our company. We will be one of the first western companies to own a profitable iron ore mine in China, a country which is the largest importer of iron ore in the world. The concentrates are of good grade and we expect premium pricing compared to other exporting producers to China, due to the much shorter transport distances to local steel mills. This deal not only is expected to give us solid cash flows, but also to give our company access to market intelligence on what really is happening to iron ore markets in China, as well as further iron ore mining opportunities in the region.”

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, I'm Patricia Sherman in Oklahoma USA right now. I would like to share with you my experience of borrowing USD $185,000.00 to clear my bank draft and start a new business. It all started when I lost my house and I took my stuff because of the bank policy and I met some bills and some personal needs. So I became very desperate and started looking for funds in every way. Fortunately for me, a friend of mine, Linda told me about a credit company firm, I was intrigued by the fraud, but I was intrigued by my situation and had no choice but to get advice from my friend about this company. contacting them really doubted me because of my past experience with online lenders, did you know that little? '' Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com This company has been very helpful to me and my colleague and today, thanks to this credit company, the proud owner of well-organized work and responsibilities, they smiled back at me. So if you really need to grow or start your own business, or if you really need to borrow money in any financial hardship, we recommend you find a financial development opportunity in your business today. {E-mail:} Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com ... online for credit not a victim of scam. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete